You don’t want to do things in a hurry right? There is an aphorism that goes like this, “slowly but surely”. So you want to make that Lasik eye surgery in a step by step procedure. For in fact, why be in a hurry? This kind of life and death operation is worth spending time. Do some breathing exercises and prepare your self mentally and physically for this surgery.
Before going to the experience of surgery you need to know first the steps how to prepare for Lasik eye surgery. Here are five steps that will help you in preparing for the Lasik eye surgery:
1. Stop wearing your eye glasses or contact lenses a week before the operation. This will allow your cornea to regain enough time to go back to its original shape. Remember that the shape of the cornea guaranties the success of your surgery. These are the contact lenses that you should ceased wearing according to the FDA with the time duration before the operation:
Contact lenses that are soft- 2 weeks Contact lenses that are rigid gas permeable- 3 weeks Contact lenses that are hard- 4 weeks
Levitra super active online
2. Be honest and communicative to your surgeon during your consultation. Share your present eye condition every time you consult your doctor. Let him know if you have allergies to any kind of medications or things. By knowing your allergies, the doctor will prevent further complications that you might have during the operation.
3. Discuss with your Doctor the risks and the benefits of Lasik eye surgery. This will give you a preview of the possible things that might happen during and after the surgery. If you have a better view with regards to your future operation, you will be more prepared. Plus, it will reduce your fears if you ask your doctor about it.
4. Avoid using perfumes, scented creams, lotions, and make-ups the day before your Lasik eye surgery.
This will prevent the infection that might occur with your eyes. The said things above has chemicals tat might infect your eye during the operation. So it is safe and better not to put these things in your body, especially in your face.
5. Ask a friend or a family member to go with you before and after the operation. Ask someone to go with you before the operation because you might be in accident caused by the blurring of your vision because of not wearing any eye correction such as contact lenses. It is also important for someone to assist you in going home because your eyes are not yet fully healed. This step will avoid further injuries if someone is with you all the time before and after the surgery.
These are the five steps that will surely help you in preparing before your Lasik operation. Preparation is necessary to have a successful operation. Always remember that those who are well prepared will have a better possibility of success. So always be prepared in your life.