Bruxism is characterized by the grinding of the teeth and is typically includes the clenching of the jaw. The major cause of Bruxism is anxiety and depression. With so much pressure on people these days, more and more individuals are grinding their teeth when upset. One of the physical causes of Bruxism is abnormal alignment of teeth. This misalignment of teeth can lead to disharmony between the upper and lower jaw, due to which the jaws do not find a constant point to occlude on. This could lead to grinding teeth in sleep and even during the day.
Grinding Teeth in Sleep
People can clench and grind without being aware of it during both the day and night, although grinding teeth in sleep is often the bigger problem because it is harder to control.
- You may losing your teeth, tooth enamel or having tongue problems which are caused by Teeth grinding.
- The noise, created by teeth grinding, becomes the reason of sleeplessness for your roommate also.
- It can harm your teeth, jaw joint, and cause chronic pain.
- To address this issue is very important because it becomes the reasons of many other health problems like soared or painful jaws, eating disorders and extreme headaches to ear.
- Most of the time Bruxism itself becomes a reason of Psychological problems like Sleeping disorders, Stress, Depression and Anxiety.
Stop Grinding your Teeth
Teeth clenching is not merely an oral habit. Now it is characterized as a dental problem by dentists and lots solutions are also available to deal with. Mouth guards are the most effective solution to stop grinding your teeth. Night mouth guards do more than just keep your teeth from getting broken or scratched. It will also ensure you of a long and restful sleep, night after night. There are two kinds of mouth guards available in the market you either buy over-the counter or get a custom made mouth guards according to your individual measurements and fittings.
Many Dental product manufacturers are providing custom made Mouth Guards and Retainers according to standards. You can also get your mouth guards through an online resource such as night-guard.co.uk. A self impression kit will be sent to you with a free post jiffy bag. By following the specific instructions you can easily take your teeth impression and then return it back. Their qualified technicians will design a perfect mouth guard for you according to your exact teeth impressions.