The inflammation of joints and sometimes muscles that is arthritis is a source of immeasurable trouble for those who suffer it. In fact, to point out exactly what the cause of it is itself difficult. What is easy is the accepting the reality that pain can simply change your life into one long nightmare. Look at the following tips and follow them. Whatever the cause of your strain of arthritis, you will definitely reap benefits from these tips.
- Aspirin can help ease the pain as well as reduce the swelling. The good thing about aspirin and other non-steroid drugs is that they come with fewer side effects. You can try mefenamic acid also or naproxen
- Flexcerin is another very effective solution for your pain. It also comes void of the many side effects that are associated with arthritis medication. It in fact aids in the rebuilding of destroyed tissue. It lubricates joints and soothes the swelling.
- Avoidance of carrying heavy weight is encouraged to discourage the erosion of the afflicted areas.
- Try to lose weight if you reckon you are heavier than you should be. Being a disease of joints, how much those joints carry could literally spell out how much pain has to be borne.
- It is also about now that you start to keep off avoidable stress. Pain is stress on its own and work or family should now work to make you comfortable not stressed.
- Rest often and do only little work.
- Check the size and nature of shoes when you go shopping. Keep them flat and comfortable. Don’t allow any pinching in your shoe.
- At all times, keep your feet dry and warm. Arthritis feels like pain is literally biting especially when the paining part is cold too.
- Smoking and alcohol are the first ones that should go. Keep off fatty foods too.
- Cod-liver is good oil in pain relief, helping the rebuilding of the torn tissue and bone as well as reducing the stiffness.
- Since gluten is known to do more harm, avoid barley and wheat.
- Thera-putty is made to be squeezed by the patient who has swollen fingers. Chime balls are also good exercise especially if used in pairs. These help strengthen finger joints.
Follow the tips above and set your mental attitude to the reality that pain can and will be managed. While it is not possible to cure arthritis, it does not mean that you cannot enjoy your life. It actually means that with the right response to pain, you can have as much a life as you are willing to allow yourself.